ADSM-L

getting CR/LF into command line so that it prints 80/80

2000-02-15 19:50:57
Subject: getting CR/LF into command line so that it prints 80/80
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:50:57 -0800
ADSM'rs:

Now that I discovered the Select command for myself,
I've run up against a little frustration with it.

I'd like to run a select command capture the command AND results
and print it out on an 8 1/2 by 11 in 80 column format.

The command results are behaving but the (always) greater than 80 col
select command is getting truncated and I really need to see all of it
so that I can understand the command results.

For Example:   I have:

select volume_name,pct_reclaim,pct_utilized from volumes where -
stgpool_name='COPYPOOL' AND pct_reclaim>60

but I get:

ANS8000I Server command: ' select  volume_name,pct_reclaim from volumes wh

VOLUME_BANE            PCT_RECLAIM
------------------     -----------
200013                        25.6
200013                        25.6
200019                        27.9
200024                        27.7
200041                        26.8
200169                        26.9
ANS8000I Server command: 'COMMIT'

ANS8002I Highest return code was 0.

where the where is truncated and I lose the most important info about the
command , in that , I want to know that I used  >60 this time
or >20 <60 the next time, etc.

any suggestions?   Help!  ... thaks ... joe.f.