ADSM-L

Re: repairing vcr data-- excessive (IMO) and constantly throwing drives offline

2000-02-14 16:44:34
Subject: Re: repairing vcr data-- excessive (IMO) and constantly throwing drives offline
From: Keenan Stratton <stratkee AT GTI DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:44:34 -0500
We have a 3466 which uses 3575 B-model drives and 3570 5GB cartridges.  We
too have experienced many VCR problems in the past.  There are four possible
fixes for these excessive problems.  1. Verify latest drive microcode. 2.
Clean tape drive. 3. Some tapes may be contaminated causing problems -
identify and replace tapes. 4. Get IBM to replace your tape drive.

Regards,
Keenan