ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Server Migration

2000-02-14 11:27:30
Subject: Re: ADSM Server Migration
From: Doug Newman <NRNewmD AT MAIL.DNR.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:27:30 -0600
I did much the same thing when I changed to a larger server and 3494 library
from a tls440 library and smaller server. The way I did it was to set up my new
server and library then start backing up my clients on the new server. I then
let the files expire on the old server and library. There was very little
problems this way and no interrupted service . I looked at as many possible
ways I could to migrate my setup and this was by far the easiest and least
painful.The biggest drawback is the physical space requirement for two
libraries also if a client needs a file on the old server (an inactive version)
then you have to edit your opt files to access the old server instead of the
new one. Not exactly a big deal.

s.d.dionisio AT USA DOT NET on 02/14/2000 10:04:29 AM
Please respond to ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU@NetTalk