ADSM-L

Re: TSM 3.7.1.0, OS/390 server, admin/clients hang

2000-02-11 11:11:15
Subject: Re: TSM 3.7.1.0, OS/390 server, admin/clients hang
From: Jeff Connor <connorj AT NIAGARAMOHAWK DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:11:15 -0500
Tomas,

You may be experiencing a problem that we just struggled with for the last
couple weeks.  We are
running TSM 3.7.1.0 on OS/390 2.6 and since we upraded from ADSM v3.1.2.40 to
TSM 3.7.1.0 on
Monday 01/31 we experienced client/admin session hangs and very poor
performance.  We worked
with TSM and TCPIP support /development and received and applied a test fix
yesterday afternoon.
It appears that the fix has resolved our problems and everything is running
great now.  From what I understand
the root of the problem was only the primary TCB in TSM was performing all the
work.  I don't think there
is an APAR number for this issue yet.  I was going to put the word out on ADSM-L
when I obtained
the number to give everyone heads-up.  If you decide to open an incident with
TSM support you can
reference my pmr number 48231 branch 180.

Good Luck,
Jeff Connor
Niagara Mohawk Power Corp.

Tomas Norberg <tono02 AT HANDELSBANKEN DOT SE> on 02/11/2000 08:45:41 AM