ADSM-L

Re: ODBC

2000-02-11 10:23:32
Subject: Re: ODBC
From: Tony Jules <JULEST AT OLYMPUS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:23:32 -0500
Hi Larry,

I thank you for your reply, but I still have a question related to the
answer. I am new to ADSM, just a couple of weeks. How do I get to the ADSM
tables or connect to it, where is it located? The Server is on the AS/400.

thanks again.

Tony Jules
Olympus America Inc.
ITS Department
516-844-5887
julest AT olympus DOT com

>>> Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US> 02/11 8:31 AM >>>
Hi:

I collect info from the ADSM tables using linked tables in ACCESS, and insert
the info into local tables using an ACCESS append query. e.g.:

INSERT INTO FSPACE ( NODE_NAME, FILESPACE_NAME, FILESPACE_TYPE, CAPACITY,
PCT_UTIL )
SELECT FILESPACES.NODE_NAME, FILESPACES.FILESPACE_NAME,
FILESPACES.FILESPACE_TYPE, FILESPACES.CAPACITY, FILESPACES.PCT_UTIL
FROM FILESPACES;

You can then use the ACCESS report writer to generate reports or import the
data into EXCEL.

Larry Clark
NYS Thruway Authority

>>> Tony Jules <JULEST AT OLYMPUS DOT COM> 02/10/00 04:33PM >>>
Hi everyone,

I need to be able to compile information from the log file everyday for about
24 clients both Novell and NT 4.0. We are using ADSM 3.1 Server on AS/400. How
can I setup ODBC and be able to compile that information in a spreadsheet or
table format without having to type it in myself?

Thank you for your help.

Tony Jules
Olympus America Inc.
ITS Department