ADSM-L

Re: Duplicate tape id in library

2000-02-10 09:35:40
Subject: Re: Duplicate tape id in library
From: S W Branch <SWBRANC AT PPCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:35:40 -0600
I wonder if your library can even keep track of duplicate volume id's. Have you
tried querying the library (one that would show what cell the tape is in) to see
if it returns both instances? If it returns only one I would guess that is the
one that is being used and the other could be removed.

or

You might remove one at a time and run a query content on each one to see what's
on the tape.

Steve Branch
Phillips Petroleum
e-mail: swbranc AT ppco DOT com

Joe Spade <jaspade AT IX.NETCOM DOT COM> on 02/10/2000 07:56:55 AM

Any replies will be addressed to: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>