ADSM-L

Expire Inventory - How does it work?

2000-02-09 18:06:45
Subject: Expire Inventory - How does it work?
From: "Talafous, John G." <Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 18:06:45 -0500
 My question deals with interruptions to the 'Expire Inventory' process.
When started the next time, does it pick up where it left off? Does it start
all over again?
 I am thinking that the *SM server must read its database and analyse each
and every dataset object against retention parameters. At that point a
decision is made to retain or delete the data object. What happens if this
process is interrupted? Does *SM pick up where it left off in the database?
Does *SM start all over at the beginning of the database?

Your help in understanding would be most appreciated,
John Talafous
The Timken Company
http://www.timken.com