ADSM-L

AIX GUI and Archived Directoies

2000-02-09 11:41:00
Subject: AIX GUI and Archived Directoies
From: Darlene E Wnukowski <Darlene.Wnukowski AT SFICORP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 10:41:00 -0600
I am running an ADSM server version 3.1.2.40 on OS/390 and an AIX client
version 3.7.1.0. I just installed the new client on AIX. Because of the way in
which prior versions of the ADSM client assigned management classes to
archived directories, I have hundreds of thousands of archived directories for
this node - the files that were archived with these directories went away
after 35 days but the directories are being retained for 7 years. When I try
to use the Xwindows GUI client to delete archives on the AIX client, I get an
IOT trap error after the server has downloaded about 11 megs of information to
the node. This makes it impossible to use the GUI to delete these old
directories. It also makes it impossible to use the GUI to retrieve files. In
addition, with this version of the client you cannot use the command line to
delete archived directories. I have tried using the Web interface but the Java
applet just hangs up without showing me any files. I am trying to use the
CLEAN ARCHDIR command on the server but most of these directories were
archived without a description so they were given a date and time stamp and
will be unique. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to delete
archived directories from the server? Any help you give me will be
appreciated. I have an ETR in to IBM on this but they say I am the only one
having this problem.

Darlene E. Wnukowski
Lead Systems Programmer
Schreiber Foods, Inc.