ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:33:43

Interesting that you brought up the mirrored disk capability of the 3494.

Be certain that you understand what the different features really do. I thought
we had a mirroring feature when a hard drive failed
2-3 years ago (we had ordered and payed for it).  We had a mirroring feature
alright, but there was a single disk that was partitioned and the mirroring was
to the other partition - not much help to say the least. We were dead in the
water for 2 days. The IBM CE had to diagnose the problem, get parts and then
reinstall all the software - which he was not experienced in.

I haven't looked into 3494 hardware in a long time, but I believe I recall
seeing an announcement letter quite some time ago on a "high availability"
option that is supposed to keep you from being out of service.

Just don't confuse the two or you may get an unwelcome surprise.

Steve Branch
Phillips Petroleum
e-mail: swbranc AT ppco DOT com

Manfred Eber <manfred.eber AT GECITS-EU DOT COM> on 02/09/2000 08:54:41 AM

Any replies will be addressed to: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>