ADSM-L

Re: Tapes Missing from Offsite, but found them in the library

2000-02-09 10:52:52
Subject: Re: Tapes Missing from Offsite, but found them in the library
From: "Long, Matt" <Matt.Long AT MARRIOTT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 10:52:52 -0500
Wu,

        My company is having the same problems with tapes disappearing from
the DRM.  The tape will be listed as offsite but the physical volume will
still be in the silo.  This is due to the fact that if more than 14 tapes
need to be checked out of the silo, the rest disappear from ADSM and never
make it out of the cap door and then return to the home element slot. The
software sees the tape as offsite and they lose internal visibility within
the silo and ADSM loses sight of they're physical location.  IBM said they
are going to be giving us a fix.  I hope everyone will ask IBM to get on
this issue and get it resolved soon. Currently, our solution is the same in
that we are doing a series of checkins to get the volume inventory properly
synced to the database. Please consult your IBM rep to ask the ADSM
development group to provide the needed software fix.  Anyone considering
the DRM piece should ask IBM about this problem first before you buy it,
because I know a number of you are considering it. Thanks

Matt Long
Systems Administration
Marriott International
301-696-2690