ADSM-L

Re: 3494 Tape Libraries

2000-02-09 09:49:56
Subject: Re: 3494 Tape Libraries
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 09:49:56 -0500
> There is a feature for the 3494 where there are dual internal hard drives...
> use the "mtlib -l/dev/lmcp# -qL" and look for
>    comp avail status..........Primary library manager installed.
>                               Primary library manager available.
>                               Primary hard drive installed.
>                               Primary hard drive available.
>                               Secondary hard drive installed.
>                               Convenience output station installed.
>                               Convenience output station available.
>
> Note the "Secondary hard drive installed."  this is a mirror of the main
> volume... there is some extra little voodoo magic that the IBM engineer will
> put on to make a recovery easy.

...or, as we have, you can purchase the HA frame, which gives you two
complete "L-frames", with 2 robots and 2 OS2 workstations.  If one OS2
machine fails, the other takes over, and if one robot fails, the other one
takes over, pushing the broken one into it's service bay.  The HA option
adds a frame to each end of your 3494, but the only tapes storage that can
be used in them is for the CE cart.

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
ADSM Administrator
(tkssteve AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564 |
http://ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu/~tkssteve)