ADSM-L

Re: Runaway jobs

2000-02-09 07:47:02
Subject: Re: Runaway jobs
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 07:47:02 -0500
> I have a scheduler running and it backs up several
> directories and its files.  The schedulere runs
> smoothly and does what its suppose to, but my problem
> is when after the files are backed up the server
> starts a loop and it runs and hogs up the cpu on the
> AS/400.

Jamie - You're in the best position to determine what's happening,
        as the Activity Log should report what ran then.
Without knowing your configuration, we could only guess: if your
backups went to a disk pool, perhaps migration to tape was
occurring; or a Postsched command caused some activity; etc.
   Richard Sims, BU