ADSM-L

Re: Exchange backup failures

2000-02-07 18:08:19
Subject: Re: Exchange backup failures
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 18:08:19 -0500
client went off into lalaland...
the 3600 is your server commtimeout parameter (seconds) so for one hour the
cient was gone & the server dropped the session and associated
activity/transactions.

could something such as a router been under service and the path between the
client & server not available while the backup was running?

check other network activity on the adsm server during this time period,
check other network activity on the client during this time

usually this error indicates to me that the client was in the middle of
something and never got back to the server... client box might have been
bounced or took a hard crash, network connectivity might have gone down
during this time... something along those lines...

later,
       Dwight

I take it that was the exchange agent....