ADSM-L

Retain deleted versions

2015-10-04 17:33:43
Subject: Retain deleted versions
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Can someone verify that this is possible and that I'm on the right track.

I want to backup a file to ADSM, delete the file from the client, but still
have it retrievable for up to 14 days from ADSM.  This is our current
default MC.
Copy frequency = 0
No. of backup versions to keep
   If client data exists = 2
   If client data is deleted = 1
Length of time to retain extra backup versions = 10
Length of time to retain the only backup version = 10

What I think needs to be done in order to accomplish this, is to increase
the "retain only backup version" to 14 days.  We run expire inventory every
night, so by setting this to 14 days will ADSM wait that long before really
getting rid of it?

Thanks,

John Johnson
IBM Global Services - WMI