ADSM-L

Re: TDP MSSQL NT Protocol Error

2000-02-07 11:14:23
Subject: Re: TDP MSSQL NT Protocol Error
From: Neil Schofield <Neil.Schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 16:14:23 +0000
Del

We applied a seemingly unrelated 'Advanced Correction' to the SAP system
which runs on the SQL server and this seems to have fixed the problem. The
SAP OSS note number for the correction was 0142657 and describes a problem
whereby log files for SQL Server jobs scheduled from within SAP are not
visible from SAP, but are visible in Enterprise Manager.

I'm not an expert on the ABAP programs which make up the SAP system, but I
have no idea how this problem could have impacted on the ADSM SQL Agent.
However, the symptoms described in the SAP note manifested themselves at
exactly the same time as the problems with the ADSM Agent started.

For info, the command-line client gave the following error.
02/05/2000 13:39:46,Logging on to the TSM server...

02/05/2000 13:39:46,Logging on to the SQL server...

02/05/2000 13:39:48,Backed up - BBP, type: LOG, size: 0, actual bytes: 0,
secs: 0.00, Kb/Sec: 0.00, SQL server: SAPB2BP1, TSM server:
D:\TSM\agentsql\dsm, SQL status: Completed, TSM status: ANS1017E (RC-50)
Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

The error in the SQLDSM.LOG during the GUI backup was as follows. I didn't
note the exact message displayed in the GUI window.
02/05/2000 14:23:50,Backed up - BBP, type: LOG, size: 0, actual bytes: 0,
secs: 0.0, Kb/Sec: 0.0, SQL server: SAPB2BP1, TSM server: dsm, SQL status:
ACO3810E -- An error was encountered, TSM status: ANS1017E (RC-50)  Session
 rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

and the transaction log backup did *not* show up in the Restore tab,
indicating that the backup did not complete successfully.

If you want the full details of the Advanced Correction but don't have
access to SAP OSS then I can mail it you.

Neil Schofield

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available at http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm
Kelda Group plc and its subsidiaries, UK
Registered in England and Wales No 2366627