ADSM-L

windows nt adsm client installation problem

2000-02-04 19:27:14
Subject: windows nt adsm client installation problem
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 16:27:14 -0800
I received this recently from one of my users.  Any help would be appreciated.

I'm having trouble installing the adsm backup client on a Windows NT
Server 4.0 Service Pack 6a machine.  This machine is just recently
installed with no previous installation of ADSM on it.

I downloaded the adsm-ip21618.exe (ADSM version 3, release 1, level
0.7) file and extracted it into a temporary folder.  Then I run the
setup.exe and select Custom Install and select Only Client Files, and
then under that I select Only Backup-Archive Client Files.  I click ok
a few times and then it starts copying files.  When it gets to the
point where the window says Copying ADSM ODBC Files it gets an error:

        component movedata had the following error
        media name: data
        component server\server service
        file group:
        file:
        error number: -105

Does anyone know how to install ADSM on an NT 4 Service Pack 6a
machine?