ADSM-L

volume history q's

2000-02-04 21:01:02
Subject: volume history q's
From: Ernie Lim <fm AT ERN-E DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 18:01:02 -0800
Hiya.

In regards to the volume history, I have a few questions. I can understand
the importance of keeping volhist data for the DB volumes. I dont understand
the implications of the other types of volumes in the volhist file such as
STGNEW, STGDELETE...etc. For example, take STGNEW, I assume this is a
scratch vol that was just defined to a storage pool -- what significance
does this piece of info have in the whole *SM scheme of things. Can i simply
delete the obvious volhist entries like STGNEW, STGDELETE, STGREUSE and
_not_ get myself into trouble??

Thanks.
Ernie