ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:33:42
Ah yes, the mythical TSM linux server.....

Why do I feel like some spook in the defense department " I'm sorry, =
you're
not authorized to have that information...."  :-)  What I can say is =
this:
the item has been considered before, and we've looked into the overall
development cost to put together a linux server.  Beyond that, the =
status
of the project is in limbo.  As of right now, a production quality =
"ready
to be shipped" linux server does *not* exist.

So, if you would like to be able to purchase a TSM Linux Server (in the
future), contact your marketing reps and request a TSM linux server.  =
The
market (ie, you and other customers) dictates what receives development
time.  What helps is to specify the number of licenses you would =
purchase,
and your overall strategy with a TSM linux server for the next several
years (as well as can be predicted, of course...).  Or, as always, if =
your
company *really* wants a TSM linux server, contact Marketing and find =
out
what the cost would be (to you) to develop.

Besides, I know you love to talk with your marketing reps and have them
promise everything in the world to you... :-)

Glen Hattrup
Tivoli Storage Manager
Server Development Team