ADSM-L

Re: Exchange client

2000-02-02 07:37:25
Subject: Re: Exchange client
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 07:37:25 -0500
Joseph,

First, with the latest version of the Exchange Agent
(renamed to Tivoli Data Protection for Microsoft Exchange),
you no longer need to be running as the Exchange Site
Services Account.  The latest version of the manual,
SH26-4110-00 (new book number due to product rename) states:

  "The Exchange Application Client must be running under
   a userid that contains Read/Write access to the local
   registry with backup and restore authority to the
   Exchange Server."

So, make sure you are running the latest version of
TDP for Exchange.  In fact, we highly recommend that
you get the latest fixtest, version 1.1.1.01 (IC25816).
It is available on ftp.software.ibm.com in directory
/storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches/agents/ntexch/1.1.1/
if you do not already have it installed.

Make sure the userid that is running the backup has
"Admin" authority.  Also, if you are scheduling this
from an NT service, make sure the "Log On As" parameter
specifies a userid that has the correct authority.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

> I am trying to run the Exchange agent.  I keep getting access denied from
> the stores.  I can talk to the ADSM serve with no problem.
>
> It is an exchange permissions problem.  I have no idea how to tell the
ADSM