ADSM-L

Re: Backing up NT clusters

2000-02-01 19:58:57
Subject: Re: Backing up NT clusters
From: Andrew Webster <Andrew-M.Webster AT DB DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 09:58:57 +0900
Sean,

        Setting up the *SM client to backup NT clusters is a quite involved
process. The best explanation you'll probably find is in the Appendix in TSM
3.7 manuals, which you can read online.

        In summary, you need to run four ADSM schedule services, Two will backup
the local disks on each node, they will be installed the CLUSTERNODE=NO
option. The next two run on each Node, but are set to Manual in Control
Panel|Services, they are started by the Cluster Service itself when you ADSM
as a "Generic Service" resource. In this case, CLUSTERNODE=YES and it will
only backup the shared disk, on the live node. Drive F: in your case.

        We are using all the time, so it definitely works.

Hope that Helps.

--
Andrew Webster
Andrew Webster