ADSM-L

Re: Can not checkin tapes in ADSM

2000-02-01 13:40:42
Subject: Re: Can not checkin tapes in ADSM
From: Ian Smith <ian.smith AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 18:40:42 +0000
Re: labelling tapes using dsmlabel from unix prompt:

Under AIX, setting DSMSERV_CONFIG to the location of the dsmserv.opt file
and setting DSMSERV_DIR to the directory in which the dsmlabel binary exists
I am not restricted to where I can run dsmlabel.

For example:
DSMSERV_CONFIG=/usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/dsmserv.opt
DSMSERV_DIR=/usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin

The DSMSERV_CONFIG is needed so that the correct message file is read.

Regards
Ian Smith
Oxford University Computing Services, UK