ADSM-L

Re: Novell Client Bottleneck

2000-01-31 08:15:11
Subject: Re: Novell Client Bottleneck
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:15:11 +0000
Jeffery,
Novell clients often have large numbers of small objects, so I would be looking
for
database cache hit  99%, and database cache wait 0%.
If you have values below 99% or higher than 0% you need to increase your
database buffer pool (BUFPoolsize)
The other thing you might look at are the host server cpu, is it powerful
enough.
There also various tuning parms you may need to increase such as on host server
TXNGroupmax
MOVEBATCHSIZE
MOVESIZETHRESH
and on client
Txnbytelimit

Its also worth having a read through the ADSM V3 Release 1 Performance Tuning
guide

John

Jeffery Carroll <Jeffery_Carroll AT VALIC DOT COM> on 30/01/2000 21:12:37