ADSM-L

Extend Archive expiration

2000-01-31 16:33:06
Subject: Extend Archive expiration
From: Jeff Connor <connorj AT NIAGARAMOHAWK DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 16:33:06 -0500
We are running TSM V3.7.1.0 on OS/390 V2R6.  I have some Windows NT Clients
running 3.1.0.6 that use an archive  management class with a 180 retention
period.  We would like to extend the retention for the archives that already
exist.
Does changing the retention period from 180 to a higher number like 365 cause a
rebind allowing the archives to be
kept longer before expiration?  If not and you understand what I'm trying to
accomplish, is there a better way to extend
the retention of archives that already exist?

Thanks
Jeff Connor
Niagara Mohawk Power