ADSM-L

Re: Sysback & ADSM, Howto?

2000-01-30 06:06:04
Subject: Re: Sysback & ADSM, Howto?
From: Michael Abel <Michael.Abel AT RESNOVA DOT DE>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 12:06:04 +0100
Watch our for sysback version 5 - AFAIK they try to bring in some ADSM
integration using the API. You then have the possibility to write "syback
data" directly into the ADSM/TSM server.

Regards,
Michael

                    Steven P Roder
                    <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU DOT BU        To:     ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    FFALO.EDU>                    cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist          Subject:     Re: Sysback &
ADSM, Howto?
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                    29.01.00 18:24
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

> We set this up at a customer.  We created a storage pool called sysback
and
> defined tape volumes to this pool.  Then we used these volumes for
sysback.
> Actually, we did it the other way around: we created the sysback tape and
> then defined it to the pool.  Once defined to the pool, *SM won't try to
> grab the tape for something else.  You can even check the tape out and
> update its access to off-site if you would like.

We are also thinking about sysback and adsm.  Why not make the adsm server
the sysback server, and backup to a disk volume that ADSM then backs up?
I recovery would mean restoring the sysback image to disk first.  Or is
this not possible?  I do not know much about how sysback works at this
point...

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
ADSM Administrator
(tkssteve AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564 |
http://ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu/~tkssteve)