ADSM-L

Re: Quantum DLT4700 problems

2000-01-27 10:03:26
Subject: Re: Quantum DLT4700 problems
From: "Long, Matt" <Matt.Long AT MARRIOTT DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:03:26 -0500
Ole,

        We have experienced tremendous issues with DLT in using ADSM and
eventually had to upgrade our environment to another tape technology.  It is
very important that the ADSM maintenance level is identical to the required
level of DLT microcode or ADSM and or the drives will complain. You better
talk to your tape vendor and ADSM support to make sure your microcode and
ADSM application level can coexist together.  Those SCSI bus errors and
undetermined errors look very familiar to me.  Thanks

Matt