ADSM-L

Re: ADSM transfer rate through FDDI adapter

2000-01-25 05:30:50
Subject: Re: ADSM transfer rate through FDDI adapter
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 10:30:50 +0000
Fred,
Is the transfer rate you are quoting the network data transfer rate or the
aggregate data transfer rate (per query active).
If there is a big discrepancy between the two then you need to look elsewhere
than the FDDI for your slow transfer rates.
FTPing a large file will give you a good idea of the best speed you could
expect.
Netware is notorious for having large numbers of directories and small files, so
it is normally one of the worst ADSM performers, as seen on my own site.
For example with a very similar config to yours we see 3.5 gb. an hour for an NT
notes server.
John

Dann Fred <Dann.Fred AT PMLMAIL DOT COM> on 24/01/2000 13:28:15