ADSM-L

Assigning different management classes??

2015-10-04 17:35:06
Subject: Assigning different management classes??
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
For a particular Node I have set a policy group (ROD_DOMAIN, ROD_CLASS) to
handle certain files a particular way.  When I display the management class
of a particular file backup it shows DEFAULT as the management class.  There
are other files on the same node that I want to force to another management
class, I do so by using the following:

INclude g:\homedirs\...\*.* nightly_class

NIGHTLY_CLASS has different retention, copy, and storage attributes.  When I
query those files it shows DEFAULT as the management class, and it appears
to have gone to the ROD_DOMAIN Storage pools.  How do I know if any of the
management class attributes from the NIGHTLY_CLASS are being used on
homedirs files?

Thanks in advance

Stephen R. Rolph
Systems Programmer