ADSM-L

Re: Install ADSM-client on Ms NT Cluster ?

2000-01-21 10:41:56
Subject: Re: Install ADSM-client on Ms NT Cluster ?
From: Neil Schofield <Neil.Schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:41:56 +0000
Gunnar

I have just gone through something similar and found the IBM redbook
invaluable. I downloaded it from www.redbooks.ibm.com but I can't find it
there now. It's called 'Using Tivoli Storage Management in a Clustered
Windows NT Environment'. Acording to the blurb, it applies equally well to
v3.1 and v3.7 clients.

There are a few things that tripped me up when I was going through it:

1. If you are using v3.7.1 client software, you must download the latest
fixtest to install the TSM/ADSM scheduler as a cluster service.

2. The redbook refers to a switch called /OPTIONFILE on the DSMCUTIL
command line. The correct switch is actually /OPTFILE.

3. The /GROUP switch is NOT used to specify the cluster resource group into
which the TSM/ADSM scheduler service is being installed. You must use this
switch to specify the cluster name. Although the redbook is explicit about
this, /GROUP seems to be a strange name to use.

Hope this helps
Neil

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available at http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm
Kelda Group plc and its subsidiaries, UK
Registered in England and Wales No 2366627