ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:35:06
"Smith, Bob" wrote:

> (Message resent; initially rejected)
>
> We had problems after our upgrade to 3590Es with I/O errors (message
> ANR8302E). Sense indicated tape tensioning error. 3590E drive microcode
> installed by IBM was C747. Within a couple of days IBM recommended upgrading
> to level CA70, which is supposed to fix this problem. We have had no
> problems of this nature since the code was upgraded (couple of weeks
> running).
>
> Also check that after the upgrade you did a "delete drive" and "define
> drive" for all the 3590Es; otherwise ADSM thinks they are still 3590Bs. We
> had this problem too - and several people on this ADSM-L list helpfully
> pointed this out to me!
>
> Bob Smith - TI Operations EMEA
> EDS UK

We too did last weekend an upgrade from 3590B1A to 3590E1A and
everything worked like a charm:

Our Data:

OS AIX 4.3.2+
ADSM 3.1.2.42
Atape 4.6.2.0
atldd 4.0.1.0
3590 Microcode CA8E
3494 Microcode 522.08

Found exact information for move in README.SRV for 3.1.2.30:

     - Using SMIT utility or manually, remove /dev/rmt0 device
         example: rmdev -l 'rmt0' '-d;
     - Using SMIT utility or manually, define the 3590E device
         example: mkdev -c tape -t '3590' -s 'scsi' -p 'scsi0'
                        -w '0,0' -l 'rmt0';
     - Run ADSM server (dsmserv);
     - Issue ADSM command: UPDate DEVclass devclassname FORMAT=DRIVE
         update devclass devclass_3590 FORMAT=DRIVE;
     - Issue ADSM command: DELete DRive libname drivename
         delete drive lib_3590 drive_3590;
     - Issue ADSM command:
         DEFine DRive libname drivename DEVIce=devicename
         define drive lib_3590 drive_3590 device=/dev/rmt0;
     - Update all previously written on 3590 drive volumes
       to readonly mode
         update volume volname access=readonly;

Hope this helps,
Horst SCHERZER                       e-Mail: Horst.Scherzer AT univie.ac DOT at
Horst SCHERZER                       e-Mail: Horst.Scherzer AT univie.ac DOT at
Zentraler Informatikdienst Uni-Wien           Fax:   (+43 1) 4277  x9140
Universitaetsstr.7                          Phone:   (+43 1) 4277 x14053
A-1010 Vienna, Austria              URL: http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~sc
--------------C3E6CD8CC4C33A65E649850C