ADSM-L

Re: "FULL" volume has no data - but unable to delete the volume?

2000-01-19 07:21:02
Subject: Re: "FULL" volume has no data - but unable to delete the volume?
From: Brian Nick <BRIAN_NICK AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 07:21:02 -0500
Ted,

   Could be bad news. I had similar problems with 4 tapes and we ended up
discovering that we have data base errors. If the Audit Volume doesn't work for
you then the only alternative is Audit DB. We are waiting to do this for a
couple of reasons

     1) The Audit DB can run a very very long time depending on the sized of
your ADSM DB.

     2) The errors that we had are on 4 tapes that were retired.

   I spoke to IBM about other ways to correct this problem but they didn't have
ant suggestions. We are looking into TSM to 3.7 in hopes that there is a
correction in the Audit DB process.

   Good Luck.

   - Brian

Ted Byrne <tbyrne AT DSSCORP DOT COM> on 01/18/2000 04:16:43 PM