ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Exchange Server Fixtest 1.1.1.01 fails

2000-01-18 01:57:10
Subject: Re: TDP for Exchange Server Fixtest 1.1.1.01 fails
From: "Tönges, Manfred" <M.Toenges AT HZD.HESSEN DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 07:57:10 +0100
Chris,

I was using passwordaccess=generate with the fixtest B version with no
problems. When the error message running the latest TDP code appeared
(saying "passwordaccess generate not allowed") I changed the opt-file
parameter to "prompt", just to see what happens. Still more error messages
came up (which I posted here).

The original configuration was the B/A-client v2, Release 1, Level 0.6 and
the exchange connect agent fixtest B. This combination worked perfectly
well.

My upgrade included 2 steps:
1. I upgraded the B/A-client to v3, IP21618
2. I upgraded the connect agent to the latest TDP code.

When I realized it didn´t work, I deinstalled all ADSM components, rebooted
the system  and began from the start, i.e.: 1. installation of b/a-client v3
IP21618, 2. installation of an old connect agent cd version which contains
the licensing component, 3. installation of latest TDP code. Still the same
results.

I needed to get ADSM work, so after another complete deinstallation I am now
running the v3-IP21618-ba-client and the fixtestB-agent. This seems to work.

Manfred Toenges
Hessische Zentrale fuer Datenverarbeitung, Wiesbaden, Germany
m.toenges AT hzd.hessen DOT de