ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:35:06

I have a question regarding being able to expire active files.

If I backup a server in Policy Domain A and after say a few months the
server is retired, I will be left with filespaces with an active and x
amount of inactive files (depending ofcourse on the managment class
definitions)

Now I know that the inactive files will eventually roll off with expiration
but it's finding a sounds method to get rid of the active ones.

Ok, so I can delete the filespace but this isn't always ideal.

I could also setup a dummy server using the same node name with empty
filespaces, run an incremental in an attempt to force the active files to
become inactive and then let expire inventory do the rest. I believe this
would work also,but it's too messy.

However, if I moved the node into Policy Domain B, which had no default
management class assigned and then run expiration, would all active files be
then rebound to the grace retention period forcing adsm to expire them in
accordance with the grace retention period? I don't know if this would work
but this is far less messy. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks,

Nathan

Nathan King
Open Systems Storage Management
United Services Automobile Assocation
*  (210) 913-5755
* Pager: 753-5755
* E-mail: nathan.king AT usaa DOT com

      Mit freundlichen Grüßen

      Roger Hohmann

      WestLB
      Division: 009 Services
      Abteilung: 001-80622
      Herzogstraße 15
      D - 40217 Düsseldorf
      Tel.: +49211 826 8155
      mailto:roger_hohmann AT westlb DOT de

--0__=g1VbhPKXUi419K239FG3URjoPP02nZvlE7Ad7o7yxzF0E4f8eG5j9rse--