ADSM-L

Storage pool volumes on a network drive?

2000-01-14 07:19:20
Subject: Storage pool volumes on a network drive?
From: Andreas Huber <ahub AT CSCSERVODATA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 13:19:20 +0100
Hi,

I'm in the process of setting up an ADSM server 3.1.2.50 for backup
purposes on NT4. I tried to setup storage pools (DISK) and volumes
(FILE) on a network drive (don't ask) with no success. ADSM doesn't seem
to understand UNC pathnames like "\\server\\share\adsmdata\disk.001". If
I'm using a network drive instead as in "v:\adsmdata\disk.001" I'm
getting an error message saying that the volume cannot be mounted (w/ an
error code of 108 meaning "ERROR_DRIVE_LOCKED").

Is this something that is supposed to work?

TIA,
Andreas

-- Andreas Huber - mailto:ahub AT cscservodata DOT com
Andreas Huber - mailto:ahub AT cscservodata DOT com
CSC SERVODATA GmbH - http://www.cscservodata.com
A-1020 Wien, Nordbahnstraße 36 / Stiege 2 / 5. Stock
Tel: +43 / 1 / 216 65 65-373 Fax: DW 13