ADSM-L

Can you Restore from a Backupset on tape - Netware Client

2000-01-13 21:19:12
Subject: Can you Restore from a Backupset on tape - Netware Client
From: Greg Downes <greg.downes AT CENTRELINK.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 12:19:12 +1000
All

In TSM can you use a backupset wriiten to on tape (namely DLT400) to do a
restore on a Netware client (or any client for that matter apart from Unix).

All the doco indicates that the backupset must reside on a device which can be
mounted as a volume and the file treated as a filespec.

I've run a test with an NT client and it definitely needs the backup set on a
device which can be mapped to in explorer  (ie floppy , zip drive , Jaz, CD-ROM,
DVD). All of which are pretty much next to useless to us and I would have
thought for most other people.

Greg