ADSM-L

Re: ADSM restore problems on HP Servers (series 800) OS HP-UX 10. 20

2000-01-13 19:51:53
Subject: Re: ADSM restore problems on HP Servers (series 800) OS HP-UX 10. 20
From: "Adi-Shamsul B. Sabli" <adi-shamsul.b.sabli AT SHELL.COM DOT BN>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 08:51:53 +0800
The problem occurs on HP D820 servers running HP-UX 10.20. ADSM client
used is 3.1.0.7. Our ADSM server environment is

       Environment: 7015-R40
                     4 x 3590-E
                     Library 3494
        Software:    AIX 4.2.1
                     ADSM.server.rte    3.1.2.40
                          devices.rte   3.1.2.30

We did further testing with restore -dirsonly -subdir=yes /filesystem1/
/filesystem2/. At first parse, it will fail at a certain directory, say
directory A. We ran the command again a second time, and it'll restore
directory A successfully, but will fail at another directory further
down, say directory B. The third time, A and B will be restored
successfully but again it'll fail at yet another directory. This goes
on and on and eventually, after repeatedly running the restore command,
it will successfully restore all the directories (>6000 in total).

Same thing happen with restore -filesonly.

I've also tried restoring the files backed up from the HP D820 server
onto an HP 715 workstation (also running HP-UX 10.20) and this works fine.

Adi