ADSM-L

Re: StorEDGE L1000 Drive element number

2000-01-13 05:24:18
Subject: Re: StorEDGE L1000 Drive element number
From: PIERANTONIO BIANCHI <pierantonio.bianchi AT JRC DOT IT>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 11:24:18 +0100
> Did the drives work from the operating system *before* the add_drv command was
> executed?  I wonder if, as the add_drv man page says...
>
>      It is possible to add a driver for a  device  already  being
>      managed  by a different driver, where the driver being added
>      appears in the device's compatible list before  the  current
>      driver.   In  such cases, a reconfiguration boot is required...
>
> Just a reasonable guess,    Richard Sims, BU

Thanks a lot, it' s just a reconfiguration boot that is missing.
Now the library definition works, but I have some other problem with the drive
definition.
I can't get the drive element address for this library because the data sheets
on
internet are wrong (i.e.  point to another library)

Someone could help?

TIA
Good ADSMing,
Pier Antonio Bianchi