ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and IBM Enterprise Storage Server (Model 2105-E20) as Disk pool

2000-01-12 10:07:48
Subject: Re: ADSM and IBM Enterprise Storage Server (Model 2105-E20) as Disk pool
From: "Mauro M. TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:07:48 +0100
Steven,

I connected 32 GB disk to 1 Wide/Fast-20 SCSI and the read/write
operations performed as expected. I can write at 12MB/sec (9 MB/sec on
SSA) and read at 18 MB/sec (12 MB/sec SSA). Considering that my
disk-pools currently aren't mirrored nor raided on SSA disks, I think
I'm going to move them on the RAID-5 VSS and use the SSA disks for DB
and LOG volumes only.

Seeya

Mauro, STM