ADSM-L

Re: FLASH: Exchange Agent/TDP for Exchange Customers--PLEASE READ!

2000-01-12 08:53:21
Subject: Re: FLASH: Exchange Agent/TDP for Exchange Customers--PLEASE READ!
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 08:53:21 -0500
Attention Tivoli Data Protection for Microsoft Exchange Server users!
          (formerly: ADSMConnect Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server)

We have a fix written and tested for the problem identified
in my 12/28/1999 append attached below.

You can download the FIXTEST (1.1.1.01) from the IBM FTP site at
ftp.software.ibm.com (this has replaced index.storsys.ibm.com).

FIXTEST 1.1.1.01 Details
------------------------
  FTP Site:    ftp.software.ibm.com
  FTP Site:    ftp.software.ibm.com

  Directory:
/storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches/agents/ntexch/1.1.1/

  The parts:

    IC25816_01.EXE          - Self extracting install file.
                              Download binary and run the EXE
                              file to install FIXTEST 1.1.1.01.
                              File Size = 3,205,532 bytes

    IC25816_01.README.FTP   - README file.

  *  You WILL be able to restore backups made by earlier versions
     of the TDP for Exchange (aka ADSMConnect Exchange Agent) with
     this FIXTEST version.

  *  You WILL NOT be able to restore backups made by the FIXTEST
     version with a prior version.  So, any backups that you make
     with this FIXTEST will need to be restored with this FIXTEST
     version (or anything we release after this FIXTEST version.)

  *  We recommend all customers install this FIXTEST to avoid
     possible restoration problems in the future.

  *  Microsoft has agreed that their API is returning incorrect
     data in this specific situation that is causing the problem.
     The API in question is HrBackupGetBackupLogs().
     However, they are not sure how they will handle it.
     They have agreed to put out KB articles describing this
     scenario but have not committed how they will handle it.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler