ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation watching

2015-10-04 17:35:05
Subject: Re: Reclamation watching
From: Mark Mooney [mailto:Mark.Mooney AT SWPC.SIEMENS DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
What is offsite reclamation?

Thanks,
Mooney

From: "Jordan, Chris (ELS)" <c.jordan AT ELSEVIER.CO DOT UK> on 01/11/2000 10:44

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU@SMTP@Exchange
cc:

Subject:  Reclamation watching

If I am running a reclamation on an on-line tape storage pool, then I can
watch the tape that is being read / reclaimed (Q VOL <name>) and see how
much of the tape is left to be reclaimed.

If I am running a reclamation on an off-line tape storage pool, then ADSM
reads the data from the on-line pool (i.e. from a tape that is NOT being
reclaimed) and writes a new tape - so I don't know how well it is doing.

Is there a way of watching ADSM to decide how far through the reclamation
process is??
How do I know which tape is being reclaimed??

Cheers, Chris