ADSM-L

Re: I want to ignore yet still backup up nt permissions

2000-01-07 09:53:09
Subject: Re: I want to ignore yet still backup up nt permissions
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 09:53:09 -0500
Richard - Your scenario shows why 2 backup copies are not enough.
          It's just too easy for bad copies of a file to overrun
a small backup retention quantity before someone notices the data
bad and seeks restoral of the most recent good copy.
    I'd recommend not bothering with permissions change machinations
in that other factors can also cause additional backups that are
unwanted (small change in file name, for example).
       Richard Sims, BU