ADSM-L

Current AIX PTF information [was: TSM server for AIX]

2000-01-06 11:07:18
Subject: Current AIX PTF information [was: TSM server for AIX]
From: Glen Hattrup <ghattrup AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 09:07:18 -0700
Hi All,

A question was raised recently by Eric van Loon recently:

>Hi *SM-ers!
>Does anybody know why the latest TSM for AIX server level isn't available
>for download?
>The URL on the page
>http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/adsercli.htm#servfix is linked

ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/

>server/v3r7/AIX/LATEST/ where one can find level IP21812 while the page
>mentions level IP24829, which can only be ordered on CD! Why is that? I
>hope
>this is not a new Tivoli policy!
>Kindest regards,
>Eric van Loon
>KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

And I now have the actual answers to the question, straight from the one of
the local AIX gurus.

Again, this is not a new Tivoli policy.  It was actually something much
simpler than that, it was an error.  The three PTFS previously listed
(IP24828, IP24829, IP2830) for AIX 3.7.1.0 service  are incorrect.  They do
not even exist.  The correct numbers are : IP21811 (device support),
IP21812 (server) IP21813 (CD order).  The web page should be updated within
the near future (1 -2 days) reflecting the correct information.  To our
knowledge, the files within the FTP site are correct and are the
appropriate latest PTF.

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks go out to Eric for pointing out the
discrepancy.

Glen Hattrup
Tivoli Storage Manager
Server Development Team