ADSM-L

Re: Novell Restore help

2000-01-06 09:00:51
Subject: Re: Novell Restore help
From: Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj AT STAFF.EDNET.NS DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 10:00:51 -0400
We had a server lose its hard drives and this is how we
got it back.

1. Replaced the defective drives.

2. Installed Netware back on the server and put it in
its own dummy tree (I believe we kept the server name
the same (there is a Novell TID on this))

3. Restored server pecific info from ADSM

4. Removed DS and installed DS using SERVDATA.NDS

5. Restored data to the other volumes

This way seemed easier than trying to have the
SERVDATA.NDS file when doing the re-install of Netware.
It is also quicker if you need to get the server back up
quickly.

Quoting "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>:

> Hello all, I have a Novell server that had a hard
drive failure. Now I am
> trying to follow the instructions I have regarding
restoring the server
> using the SERVER SPECIFIC INFO that gets backed up but
am having some
> difficulties. I can do a Q FILES -FROMNODE= and see
the server specific
> info
> there. When I try and issue the command as described
in the manual

> RESTORE SERVER-A/SERVERSPECIFICINFO
SERVER-B/SERVERSPECIFICINFO

> It says no files have been backed up...
> Has anyone done this before and if so can you give me
a clue...