ADSM-L

Re: ADSM 3.1.2.50

2000-01-05 14:46:33
Subject: Re: ADSM 3.1.2.50
From: Michel <mhuber AT OPENMIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 13:46:33 -0600
Eric,
   Besides the microcode upgrade, you'll also need to update your Atape.driver.

I'd recommend updating your atldd.driver code at this time, as well.
   As far as converting the tapes from the 3590B to 3590E format, I'd recommend
marking your 3590B tapes as "read-only" until they've been emptied (by
reclamation/expiration).  This will eat a few more tapes in the short term, but
it's been my experience that most installations don't have the available
"tape-hours" to perform a wholesale conversion of 3590B to 3590E formats.
   You may want to consider doing a "move data" for those tapes that have
long-term archives or very long backup periods...but I'd wait to see how
quickly you're reclaiming tapes and try to do the move data when it looks like
the reclaiming is mostly finished.

'Chel

Michel Huber
Consultant