ADSM-L

Re: adsm sql request, want data only...

2000-01-05 13:08:22
Subject: Re: adsm sql request, want data only...
From: Bart Colbert <Bart.Colbert AT RAYONIER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 13:08:22 -0500
Dwight,

     You could use something like this.

for SERV in $(cat adsm_servers)
  do
  dsmadmc -serv=$SERV select blah |&
  read -p LINEIN
  while [ $? -eq 0 ]
    do
      echo date +%m/%d/%Y $SERV $LINEIN |
     egrep -v -e "^ADSTAR|^\(C\)|Server|^Command|\
     |^----|^Session|^ANS|^Date|Series|DATE_TIME"
    done
  done

     Thanks,
     Bart Colbert

     Subject:  adsm sql request, want data only...
     Author:   "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
     Date:          1/4/00 4:28 PM

I need to do a
select auditocc.node_name , auditocc.total_mb , nodes.domain_name from
adsm.auditocc , adsm.nodes where auditocc.node_name=nodes.node_name
need to do it across a bunch of servers so I can tack the adsm server
name and a current date on the front of each line so it will be run in
something like
for SERV in $(cat adsm_servers)
  do
  dsmadmc -serv=$SERV select blah |&
  read -p LINEIN
  while [ $? -eq 0 ]
    do
      echo date +%m/%d/%Y $SERV $LINEIN
    done
  done
so it would be nice if I could omit all the adsm connect junk & even the
column headers...
and if I do any kind of : skip the first "n" & last "y" number of records
I'm in for tons of extra work every time I upgrade any/all adsm servers...
I don't think I'm in luck but I thought I'd toss this out in case someone
does know of a way to get just that data from the select with none of the
other poop
(is there a special file number it is written to or maybe do I have the
ability to specify one ? ? ? )

later,
        Dwight