ADSM-L

Re: TSM server on OS/390 FIXEDIOBUFSIZE

2000-01-05 12:55:32
Subject: Re: TSM server on OS/390 FIXEDIOBUFSIZE
From: William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 12:55:32 -0500
Don't use it!! When I initially installed TSM 3.7.1.0, I specified this
option. After some period of time the database backups started failing
indicating a read error. Turns out there is an APAR (don't have the number
right here) that addresses this. The logic they used to pagefix and use the
real addresses had an error if that page was reclaimed. The workaround is to
leave it at 0. The developer actually called me in reference to the PMR I
had opened to explain how this 'bug' slipped by. It's an error that creeps
up after a period of inactivity.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.