ADSM-L

Re: ADSM 3.1.2.50

2000-01-05 10:24:32
Subject: Re: ADSM 3.1.2.50
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 09:24:32 -0600
Richard,

Just to let you know that I have not been able to recreate the series of
events that occurred that particular day.

I've talked to Tivoli Support regarding this and naturally they want to see
a recreateable problem.
We initially upgraded to 3.1.2.40 to get 3590E support (as we were going to
get the drive upgrade) . Ever since going to 3.1.2.40 we've been chasing the
hangs that can occur during expiration. Tivoli encouraged us to try 3.1.2.50
which we did, but did not guarantee that this would be the "fix". I got the
impression that multiple issues abound with expiration currently, some of
which are still open.

We also have 2 ADSM Servers at 3.1.2.20 which have been very stable indeed.
If I were downlevel at this time and was looking for a stable ptf I would go
for 3.1.2.20. Unless ofcourse you require some of the fixes included in
3.1.2.40 and upwards e.g. 3590 E support.

Nathan