ADSM-L

Re: How do you de-reference quotes in perl/dsmadmc script?

2000-01-05 03:51:07
Subject: Re: How do you de-reference quotes in perl/dsmadmc script?
From: Herve Chibois <Herve.Chibois AT FR.ABNAMRO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 09:51:07 +0100
Hi there,

all my admin / daily work scripts are in perl . It works really good.
Here is a sample one

use vars qw($SIGNON $PASS);
chomp($PASS= qx!cat /ADSM/admin/adsmadm!);
$SIGNON="dsmadmc -id=admin -passw=$PASS"

chomp(@scr = qx!$SIGNON "Q DRM \* WHEREST=VAULTR"|awk '/^SP[0-9]{4}/
{print \$1}'|sort!);

I get all my vaultr-volumes in the array. Do not forget to quote special
char like *, $ and so on...

hope this helps,

Rv

kkwiatek AT NIST DOT GOV on 04/01/2000 19:07:00