ADSM-L

Re: [How do you de-reference quotes in perl/dsmadmc script?]

2000-01-04 16:20:46
Subject: Re: [How do you de-reference quotes in perl/dsmadmc script?]
From: "J.R.Burnham" <jrburnham AT USA DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 14:20:46 MST
I believe there are two ways to handle this situation. I set up the command in
a variable in case I need to execute it in more than one location.  If it's in
multiple locations, I only need to change the variable not all the executions.

Variable setup:
     $CMD     = "/usr/bin/dsmadmc -id=$ID -pa=$PA";
     $CMD    .= " \"select volume_name, library_name ";
     $CMD    .= " from libvolumes where library_name ";
     $CMD    .= " = 'MAGSTAR1' and status = 'Scratch' ";
     $CMD    .= " and volume_name <> '300061' \"";
Two ways to execute:
1:
`$CMD`;
2:
system ($CMD);

This is actual code from a production perl script.

Keith Kwiatek <kkwiatek AT NIST DOT GOV> wrote:
Hello,

I have an adsm server script called webfilespacedelete as below:

delete filespace $1 $2 wait=yes

and I have a perl program as below:

`/bin/dsmadmc -servername=pipit -id=test -password=test123 run
webfilespacedelete  test_node_name "\\\\gp's p5\\d$" > ./output.txt `

NOTICE the  tick mark in the filespace name (gp's)..... it keeps saying
unmatched quotes when I run this.... how do I need to set up my perl script
to deference the tick? I have tried  double ticking  ('') and backslash (\)
with no luck.....

Please post and/or email me at kkwiatek AT nist DOT gov
Thanks!

Keith