ADSM-L

Re: Disk Storage Migration

2000-01-04 15:11:03
Subject: Re: Disk Storage Migration
From: "France, Don (Pace)" <don.france-eds AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 14:11:03 -0600
We set our admin schedules for the desired window of activity;  eg, set
migration values low to activate the disk-to-tape migration process at 8am,
then set them high at noon, to deactivate.

You can (effectively) "query process" (via admin select cmd), to determine
what processes are running, from your server script... for example,

upd script offsite_backups ' select * from processes where -'
upd script offsite_backups " upper(process)='SPACE RECLAMATION'"
upd script offsite_backups ' if (rc_ok) goto reschedule'
        .
        .
        .
upd script offsite_backups ' reschedule:'
upd script offsite_backups ' del sch retry_offsite_backups type=a'
upd script offsite_backups ' def sch retry_offsite_backups t=a cmd="run
offsite_backups -'
upd script offsite_backups ' " active=yes startt=NOW+0:20 peru=o'

Don France

Technical Architect, P.A.C.E.
San Jose, CA
mailto:dfrance AT pacbell DOT net