ADSM-L

Re: Backup an NT Cluster

2000-01-04 12:31:03
Subject: Re: Backup an NT Cluster
From: "France, Don (Pace)" <don.france-eds AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 11:31:03 -0600
SUCCESS... using 3.1.0.7 f2 fixtest package; the added parameters
(/clusternode:yes and /group:xxx) enable registry replication upon
fail-over, and it works... haven't tried to force fail-over during
in-progress schedule, yet.

Notwithstanding reports of difficulty using TSM 3.7; ie, (1) failure to
restart in-progress schedule if fail-over occurs, and (2) 6-minute delay in
transferring services during failover, all is okay.  I found a keystroke
error in "dsmcutil" set up of the group that was failing... the /node:
incorrectly contained the other group, which (of course) was being handled
by its own schedule, so even the error message was correct --- just didn't
include the node name value.

Thanx,
Don

Don France